Mutton: 1 Kg
Shallot/Small Onion: 25 Nos
Big Onion: 2 nos
Tomato: 2 Medium sized (cut into small pieces)
Green Chilly: 2 Big (sliced lengthwise)
Ginger: 1/2 cup (chopped)
Garlic: 1/2 cup (chopped)
Turmeric Powder: 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder: 2 tsp
Chilly Powder: 4 tsp
Meat Masala: 2 tsp
Pepper: 2 Table spoon
Salt as required
Oil as required
Curry leaves : 2 sprigs
Its more than 2 months, this post was in draft format. Unfortunately I completely forgot to finish this post. Today I received a request from a subscriber of our’s for a mutton curry, and then only I remembered about it.
Kerala style mutton curry preparation
- Wash the mutton pieces well and cut it into small pieces. Wash again under running water.
- Drain the pieces well.
- Marinate the mutton pieces with chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, meat masala, salt and keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat a pan / cheenachatti and add oil.
- Add onions and saute it till it becomes golden brown.
- When onions turn golden brown, add ginger, green chillies, garlic and saute it well.
- Add tomato pieces and curry leaves and stir well to get it mixed well.
- Lower the flame and saute it.
- Add the marinated mutton pieces to pan (Add 1/2 a cup of water only if you need to be as a curry).
- Mix well and keep it in low flame for 5-8 minutes stirring it in between.
- Transfer it to a pressure cooker and cook up to 3 whistles.
- You can apply some seasoning with curry leaves and oil if you wish.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve hot with Appam / Pathiri / Idiyappam etc.
By Cini P Moideen